Yoga and Trauma Program
The impact of trauma and learning how to cater Yoga to populations that suffer from trauma is a major movement in the yoga therapy world. Our trauma training program studies the most recent research and the most traditional Āyurvedic teachings on trauma.
Core curriculum topics:
- Guṇa and the Polyvagal System
- Resilience in Āyurveda
- Study of modern ACE score research
- Trauma according to Āyurveda
- Precautions for Yoga and Trauma
- Yoga protocols for complex trauma
- Yoga protocols for Yoga for PTSD
- Meditation practices and precautions
Below is a video of core faculty, Freedom Cole, lecturing on his research on trauma in Āyurveda and Yoga at the 2019 National Āyurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) Conference.